Earlier this week I was nominated for a Liebster award by The DIY Lighthouse! Thanks ladies! You can check out their diy-filled blog here and see what they’re all about.
So now you’re probably wondering what a Liebster award is, because I was too. It’s basically a chain letter style thing for new-ish bloggers (or bloggers with less than 1000 followers on Instagram) to share and be shared around the internet. I always like finding new blogs to follow, and sometimes wonder how to find the smaller ones, so this sounds like a great way to do it!
Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
Questions from The DIY Lighthouse: Answered
- Do you know the Muffin Man? The muffin man?
- What time of day do you get most of your blogging done? I usually do diy projects and photography during the day, but for some reason I write so much better at night!
- What has been the hardest obstacle you’ve had to overcome to get your blog to where it is today? Probably figuring out what I wanted it to be. At the start I really struggled with trying to create content that I thought other people would want to see, but it quickly became a lot less fun for me. Also, comparing myself (and my blog) to others. Figuring out that I should just stay true to myself and allowing myself to do that was a big turning point for me! Blogging became fun and stress-free again and, in my opinion, my content got a lot better!
- Would you rather eat the same meal for the rest of your life or never be able to use social media again? Same meal. Because pizza.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I have no idea! I’ve always struggled with the whole “5 year plan” thing. I’ll be where I’ll be :)
- What is your most dreaded household chore? Washing the tub/shower and floors. Ugh. The worst.
- Who has been your greatest mentor as you’ve started your blog? I haven’t really had one. Anyone want to be my mentor?! ;)
- How did you pick the name of your blog? I say “lovely” a lot, and I like pretty things aka lovely things. Also, by some miracle, the domain hadn’t been taken yet so when I saw that I just jumped on it before someone else got to it first :P
- What is your favorite quote or scripture? Psalm 27. You can check out my post on that here!
- What social media platform do you favor while trying to promote your blog? Instagram (@thelovelythingsblog). I love posting images rather than having to come up with things to write like on Twitter, and I’m not big into Facebook. I haven’t even ventured into the Snapchat world yet…
- What are 3 other blogs that you just love? Almost Makes Perfect (love her honesty in her posts), Homey Oh My (all the black and white love here), The Merrythought (these ladies come up with so many great ideas)
Ellie of Unfolding Passions
Hannah of Creativity in Doses
Katie of Lil’ Black Boots
Krista of Happy Little Hummingbird
Mattie of Growing the Givens
My questions for the nominees:
- Who are you?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Your favorite Instagram account to follow?
- What is your favorite blog post of your own and why?
- Where do you go for inspiration?
- How do you like to spend your day?
- Best coffee shop or hangout spot you’ve been to?
- Advice your would give your 5-years-ago self?
- Coffee or tea?
- Your go-to fav blog?
- Something you want everyone to know!
I love the community of this award linking together so many fellow blogs and bloggers! And if you don’t blog, but just love hopping around the internet I hope that you can find some new ones to follow too!