A few posts ago I made these colourful cork boards and gold animal push pins to hold our keys and such by our front door. But then I realized they only hold things with loops, like keychains, and I needed something for mail or random paper things. So I decided to repurpose regular old clothespins to do the job!
Here’s what you need:
– Wooden clothespins ($1 for a big pack at the dollar store)
– Flat head thumb tacks ($1 at the dollars store or any stationary store)
– E600 glue ($5.99 at Home Depot or Michael’s)
– Mod Podge ($6.99 at Michael’s. I like to use the matte finish kind)
– Paper, fabric, or whatever you’d like to cover them with! I used wrapping paper
Cut your paper or material to be the same size as the flat side of the clothespin, and mod podge them to the clothespins. Trim any paper that hangs over the edge.
When they’re dry turn them over and glue the thumbtacks to the back of the clothespin at the top. Done!